Friday, February 12, 2010

How has this happened?

My first thimble was a gift from my father. It was almost five years ago. He brought me from his Hungarian trip a little, porcelain gem made by Hollohaza manufacture (porcelain thimble Flower, Hollohaza - Hungary). For a long time it was only a single gadget standing on my shelf. At that time I did not have an idea that there are some larger collections of such useless objects. Because, obviously, a thimble made of porcelain or glass cannot be used according to thimble's proper function.


Later, it turned out that besides typical, metal or plastic creations helpful in sewing or embroidery, amazing masterpieces exist; including wooden, glass, stone, ceramic, hand-painted, kilned, decorated with golden pigments thimbles and also those completely unlike classic thimbles - fugurines...

Currently, I have 925 thimbles in my collection. They come from four continents and over thirty countries. So, welcome to my blog dedicated to thimbles. You will find here information about my collection, about concrete thimbles, manufactures and signatures. Surely, many plots will be conected with porcelain, because of the fact that a majority of thimbles in my collection is made of porcelain. Typically catalogue data you will find on my website.

http://naparstek.com.pl/
*  *  *
Picture used in this article is my property.
I kindly ask for not using my articles and photos without permission.
If you have any questions, just write me.

2 comments:

Beatriz said...

Very beautiful. Congratulations!!

Mati said...

Es preciosoooooo.
Lastima no pueda leer tu blog.

besitos Mati

Post a Comment

Bardzo dziękuję, że do mnie zaglądasz i zostawiasz kilka słów od siebie.
It's nice to see you return and leave your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com